Posts Tagged ‘Black Friday’

How to Save Big This Black Friday

November 3rd, 2014

Black FridayWith fall winding down and Thanksgiving just around the corner, we thought this would be the perfect time to share our favorite tips for Black Friday shopping. This door busting, wee-hours of the morning sales event starts just hours after the turkey has been carved and mid afternoon naps have been taken, and has certainly become a family tradition for many across the country looking to start off their holiday shopping with savings. Below we’ll show you how to make the most of the sales this year, where to look, when to go, and more to save you some extra money or nab that illustrious flat screen.

Do Your Research

Successful Black Friday shopping starts with doing your homework on what deals will be available where and for how much. Two great sites to keep in your bookmarks folder around this time of year are and (apps also available). Combine these two sites with your own Black Friday mailers and you’ve got a good head-start on where the best deals will be.

» Read more: How to Save Big This Black Friday

About is a portal to the web's eGift cards promoting greener gift giving and reducing the use of wasteful plastic.

10 Overwhelming Holiday Shopping Statistics

November 7th, 2013

If you’re asking yourself “is it just me, or has everyone started holiday shopping earlier this year?” then you’re not alone. In fact, you’re probably one of the 37% of shoppers who would be amazed to hear that the other 63% has already started holiday shopping, according to Catalog Spree. This isn’t the only shocking figure that researchers have published lately about this year’s holiday season. It’s sure to be one for the record books.

1. Adobe has forecast $1.6 billion in online sales on Black Friday sales alone this year.

2. Black Friday may seem crazy, but it’s nothing compared to the $2.27 billion that we’re expected to spend on Cyber Monday.

3. The same Catalog Spree that estimated 63% of people have already begun holiday shopping also noted that 30% began before Halloween. » Read more: 10 Overwhelming Holiday Shopping Statistics

About Katie Erbach

Katie is GiftZip's newest team member. She currently lives in Chicago with her fiance, Jim. Katie's passions include blogging, hiking, reading (but nothing sad), listening to music, and baking anything with chocolate in it!