Whether it’s your first Valentine’s Day together or your 50th, there’s always a lot of pressure come February 14th to make the day special. With a bit of planning and the element of surprise on your side, 2014 can be your best Valentine’s yet, and GiftZip is here to help!
- Turn your gift into a scavenger hunt by creating a series of clues that lead to all of your favorite places around town. No matter what the prize at the end of the adventure, the experience will be a fun and memorable one for you both.
- Investigate special events in your town for Valentines. Whether its art galleries, wine tastings, candlelit dinners, concerts, or anything else, your city probably has plenty to offer to make February 14th a special day.
- Surprise your loved one with a romantic getaway. Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday this year, making it the perfect opportunity to whisk your partner away for a weekend. If spontaneity isn’t possible for you, give him or her a gift card to BedandBreakfast.com and you can start planning your vacation together.
- Cooking a meal together can be surprisingly romantic. Put on a romantic playlist and whip up something delicious together.
- Grab a bottle of wine that has a special memory tied to it, or whip up some delicious Valentines Day cocktails and throw in a romantic movie. Nicholas Sparks, anyone?
- Keep the culinary fun going by giving a gift card from Groupon. There are tons of deals for romantic outings together, including many options for cooking classes and wine tastings!
- If you’ve been together for a while, add some levity into the evening by hitting up a comedy show rather than the usual cliche outings.
- Weather permitting, spend part of your night outdoors. Sit on your porch to watch the sunset, and even the winter air becomes romantic as you cuddle together for warmth.
- Treat both of you to a relaxing spa weekend by gifting a gift card to SpaWeek or SpaFinder. Sharing the luxurious experience together will surely bring you closer together as a couple, and it helps to remove the stress that can hurt a relationship.
- Nothing says “I love you” like something homemade. Whether it’s baked goods, love coupons, or heartfelt crafts, make sure to put your personal touch on your Valentine’s Day gift this year. It’s certainly cheaper than roses.
And remember, though Valentine’s Day comes but once a year, it’s never the wrong time to show someone you care. GiftZip is always here to send those who matter to you an instant reminder that they are loved.