If you’re asking yourself “is it just me, or has everyone started holiday shopping earlier this year?” then you’re not alone. In fact, you’re probably one of the 37% of shoppers who would be amazed to hear that the other 63% has already started holiday shopping, according to Catalog Spree. This isn’t the only shocking figure that researchers have published lately about this year’s holiday season. It’s sure to be one for the record books.
1. Adobe has forecast $1.6 billion in online sales on Black Friday sales alone this year.
2. Black Friday may seem crazy, but it’s nothing compared to the $2.27 billion that we’re expected to spend on Cyber Monday.
3. The same Catalog Spree that estimated 63% of people have already begun holiday shopping also noted that 30% began before Halloween.
4. Shop.org predicted a 13-15% increase in online holiday sales, to total as much as $82 billion.
5. Retailers across the country are expected to hire as many as 780,000 seasonal workers to keep up with the huge growth in customers during the holiday shopping season.
6. The National Retail Federation forecasts a 3.9% increase in November and December sales, beating the 3.3% average over the last 10 years.
7. Thinking of skipping the turkey? 38% of consumers are likely to shop on Thanksgiving Day according to an Accenture report.
8. 42% of shoppers surveyed by Accenture said they would spend over half of their holiday shopping budget online.
9. 61% of those surveyed in the BDO Retail Compass Survey of Chief Marketing Officers expected gift card sales to grow, with a predicted growth of 6.9% that far outweighed the 3.8% they expected total store sales to grow.
10. And for one final staggering stat, GiftZip.com offer gift cards to a total of 290 different retailers! If you want to avoid the craziness of holiday shopping this season, check out our selection.