Ever get a terrible present? Ever give one? Ever sit in absolute awe, not sure of what it is or what to say next? Well, if so, we want to hear about it.
GiftZip.com will be giving away $250 to one lucky winner who creates a short video (2 minutes or less) about the worst gift ever. The video can fall into any of the following categories:
- Actual footage of the awful gift
- A video telling the story of the worst gift ever (or even a re-enactment!)
- A fictional scene about the worst gift ever
Here’s what you need to do to enter:
- Post your video to YouTube
- Add this line to your video’s title – “GiftZip’s worst birthday gift video contest”
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your video
We will be accepting entries until March 25th. On March 28th we will select ten finalists and post them on the GiftZip blog. At that point we’ll open up voting until Midnight on April 1st (EST).
We will announce the winner and inform them via email on April 4th, 2011.
Got it? Good. We can’t wait to see what you creative types come up with.
Now for the obligatory contest details…
This competition is offered by GiftZip and is open to anyone who is at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Employees and family members of GiftZip and/or its affiliated companies are not eligible to win.
Send us an email by March 25, 2010 to email@example.com which contains a direct link to your video on Youtube for our judges to review.
3. Contest Submission
- Please don’t include any music unless you created and own the copyright of the music yourself.
- Please get permission from everyone in your video to include them in your submission.
- Please follow YouTube’s Community Guidelines for respectful and appropriate content.
- You are responsible for your submission and anything in it.
- Submission must comply with the YouTube Terms of Service.
- Submission should comply with the YouTube video requirements.
- Submission must not exceed 2 minutes in length; there is no minimum length requirement.
- All videos should contain “GiftZip’s worst gift video contest” in both the title and tags of the submission.
4. Additional Rules
- Submitting video contributions: The term “Video Contribution” means and refers to any and all video content you submit to the contest via the YouTube Channel, including, without limitation, spoken statements, music, audio, video, video recordings, audio- visual works and recordings, slides, portraits, animated and/or motion pictures, caricatures, likenesses, vocal or other sounds, sound recordings and voices.
- However submitted, your Video Contribution will be stored by YouTube and made available via YouTube and the site. Editing tools will not be provided and video editing is not allowed in Contest submissions. Once you have completed your Video Contribution, you must upload it to YouTube Channel. Members of the public will have the opportunity to view your video contribution via YouTube and rate the video using the rating system.
- Participants may enter the contest multiple times but are only eligible to win one prize per person. Each entry must, however, have at least one email account in order to qualify. Participants agree to be bound by the decisions of GiftZip and these Rules and to comply with all local, national and international laws and regulations. GiftZip and those working for GiftZip or on behalf of GiftZip, will not be responsible for lost, late, misdirected or damaged due to uploading, or for internet, computer hardware and software, phone and/or any other technical errors, malfunctions and delays. Entries which are mutilated, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate forged, irregular in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these rules are also void. In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an email entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized holder of the email account from which the entry is assigned by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- Video Contributions must be original and created entirely by the participant and must not incorporate or include anything that is owned by any third party or would require the consent of any third party and Participant’s Video Contribution must not violate any law or the copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or any other right of any third party.
- In addition, the Video Contribution may not contain content which is obscene, crude, vulgar or which contains offensive depictions, images or language; gang signs or symbols; nudity; trespass or the violation of personal rights or property; illegal or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct; or any other content, material and/or images that could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by GiftZip, in its sole discretion.
5. Our Right to Use Your Work and Information about You
- By submitting your video you grant to GiftZip.com the right to use images of your video contributions on the YouTube website for the purpose of advertising or promoting the contest and/or GiftZip.com in any media. Participants may be asked to submit their original video files. Failure to submit original files may result in disqualification.
- By providing the video contribution in connection with this contest, you may grant to GiftZip.com, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, address, email address, voice and biographical information. Contribution, entry from information and written and oral statements for advertising and promotional purposes in promotion or publicizing the contribution, GiftZip.com, worst birthday gift video contest, without compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address, email address, biographical information or entry. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to the GiftZip.com with respect to all participants in the contest, including the participants who are selected as the winners and those participants who are not selected as winners.
GiftZip.com may, in its sole discretion, contact any or all of the finalists via the email addresses associated with the YouTube accounts in order to confirm the eligibility of those potential Winners and compliance with the Official Rules. In the event GiftZip.com contacts a potential Winner and that potential Winner does not respond within two days, then such Winner may be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received based on the judging criteria described herein. Except where prohibited by law, each finalist may be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and provide any additional information that may be required by GiftZip.com. If required, finalists must return all such required documents within two days following attempted notification or such finalist will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another potential Winner will be selected based on the judging criteria described herein. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced.
Grand Prize: The top video will win $250.
GiftZip.com will contact the winners through their YouTube accounts with which they submitted their URL within 30 days of the end of the contest. (Also see 5)
Photo Credit: Gift Boxes (Liz West, Muffet)